Sunday, April 17, 2011

We're Home Safe and Sound!!

We've finally made it home and wow was it ever a LONG day!!  I still feel like I'm riding on an airplane - thinking this jetlag is going to be ugly!! 

After traveling for about 27 hours, we are so glad to be home!  It was so nice coming back to the comfort of home!  The kids are in love with their new little sister and Noelle is walking all over our house exploring - so cute!!  She's going to fit into our family so nicely. 

We were greeted at the airport by both sets of grandparents, my brothers Bruce and Dan and Bridget.  It was so nice to have some family there to greet us!!  I'm sorry I don't have pictures right now, I'll post a little more in detail once I get things settled.  We did lose our luggage coming home, so hoping we are getting our luggage back soon.  It doesn't suprise me that we lost it since we were in the biggest rat race in Chicago!  I think a portion of this trip really made us feel like we're on that show Amazing Race - we wouldn't survive!

We are getting the kids all settled in and ready for bed and we plan to sleep in the morning!! 
Hoping for a nice evening of sleep, we'll see what time Noelle, Mommy and Daddy will wake up.

Hugs from Ohio,
Bobby, Heather and Noelle!

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are home safe!! I have so enjoyed reading your blog while you have been on this journey. Thanks so much for keeping us all posted. We are excited to come visit any time you are ready for company- just give me a call! I'm excited to see you and and meet precious Noelle and visit for a while. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all of you! So thankful you are home and your other children welcomed her so sweetly. Rest and relax and just get settled. And, we lost our luggage coming from Chicago to Columbus also. We had it back in 24 hours. Blessings to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you made you all made it home safe. Chicago is crazy when coming form an international flight. We almost missed our flight from Chicago to Columbus too. But at that point it just felt nice to be back in the US. Glad everything is going well. Good Luck with the jetlag. It will hit like a Mac truck. I know Khloei was up at night and Nate wanted me up all day with him. It was hard. See you guys soon at Church. When I decided to bring Khloei I came late so it wasn't as crazy and she could get comfortable without all the people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are home safely. So glad to hear things are going well with Noelle. Things have changed so much for her...what a blessing!!! Can't wait to meet her :-) Take care, can't wait to see pictures with all the kids!!! Again, so glad to hear you are home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Home! Hang in there with the jetlag and let me know if there's anything I can do to help? I'm only 10 minutes away... Big hugs to the 5 of you and pats to Oliver.

    ReplyDelete