Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Noelle's Gotcha Day!

Heather here....  I have some free time to post, so I will post my thoughts about our Gotcha Day experience.  First of all we have our girl and she is simply amazing!!  She came right to me with open arms.  I tried to show her some of the toys we brought her, but she wasn't too interested as there were other little crying babies amongst us too.  Yes, we had about 7 other babies from a different orphanage in the same room with us and all the families were from Spain.  It all changed when I pulled out the goldfish crackers - oh boy, she LOVED them!!  I got my first little smile out of her, it just melted my heart so!!  Of course none of it was caputured on photos or video  but I'll always remember it.  She's almost gave Daddy a grin, she wants to smile but I think she's so shy, it's just so precious.  She had a big day yesterday.  We finally got her around 11:15 am and Daddy took care of all the paperwork while I tended to her, the orphanage director wanted to go ahead and finish up the China side of the adoption that same morning as they have to travel about three hours back to the orphanage.  We later went to lunch, then to the Notary office and then Walmart again.  She had her first experience on the shopping cart - so cute!  After all that we were able to come back to the hotel and just relax and be with her.  I think she realized soon after, that this is very different and she was starting to miss all that she's ever known.  It's heart breaking to have them go through this process but we'll get through each day at a time.  To our great surprise, she slept 9 uninterrupted hours last night!  We really thought she'd be getting up every hour or so, but it was much needed rest for everyone.  Below are some initial pictures, more to come as she begins her journey with her forever family:

 Just minutes after getting Noelle, Bobby is doing paperwork in the background

 Having lunch at a local restaurant shortly afterwards

Later at Walmart, she wanted Mommy to keep pushing her in the cart

Finally asleep after a really big day

6 comments:

  1. Heather she is beautiful! We can't wait to meet her in person and to see you again soon! Many prayers and blessings coming to you from our family. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear things are going so well. Noelle is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Takes my breath away! Can't wait to be there. So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable, she has the perfect forever family. So glad things seem to be going well. She looks so peaceful as she sleeps, I bet it was much needed sleep for all three of you. So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Heather!! She looks so precious. And so much bigger now! I"m so thrilled for all of you. What a gift from God.
    Love and blessings!
    Becki

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to know Noelle is with you!!! Congratulations on the special Gotcha Day!! I have helped lead the teams to Heng Feng and fell in love with your little girl in 2009. Missie and I are in the same town, and keep in touch with your updates. May God bless you abundantly!!!

    ReplyDelete