Monday, March 21, 2011

Still Patiently Waiting!

Sorry to leave all of you family and friends hanging, but we still don't have any confirmed travel dates yet!!  I'm trying my best to focus on getting ready with working on my lists of things to pack for us in China, getting the kids ready for going to grandparents, trying to prepare meals in advance and freeze so when we get home, I don't have to think about what to fix while working jet lag out of my system, etc...  All of this busy work is helping a little, but I find I really can't focus on them whole heartedly until I know for sure when we are going!!  So if I happen to talk with any of you on the phone and I seem a little off in left field, please excuse me as I'm not thinking clearly these days as I normally do.  I can't sleep very much either, which isn't good because I need to be rested for our trip to prevent me from getting sick!!

What the hang up is for us is the "Sweeping of the Tomb" Holiday in China.  It's a legal holiday over there and it runs from April 3-5, so we are trying to work around this holiday and an upcoming HUGE trade show that will be in Guangzhou from April 15 - May 5.  We've been told that the hotel rates during this trade show are tripled - YIKES!!!  So we are trying our best to work around all these little snags.

In the end, even though the waiting is driving me bonkers (the planner in me!!), we as a family have decided to leave it all in God's hands.  Everything will work out for Hs glory!!  And we'll soon have Noelle in our arms - oh, what a joyous day that will be!!

Will post later once we hear finalized dates (hoping to be today or Tuesday at the very latest!).  Stay tuned!  Please keep those prayers coming...

-Heather

1 comment: