Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chinese New Year and Updates

We have heard that our I-800 was approved last week, but we've yet to receive it in the mail.  I'm thinking that this winter storm that hit a majority of the country has a great part in the delay.  So I've been anxiously awaiting for the hum of the mail truck everyday and I'm quick to check the mail.  I think the mail carrier thinks I'm a little crazy, but that's alright!!  Even on the very icy days, the kids and I took a little ride in the van to get the mail to prevent us from falling.  Well, today was frustrating!  We were out at a Mom's group and we made a special trip to the mail box in hopes that it would be there.  What did we find, our neighbor's mail!  So we are hoping for a more optimistic outlook tomorrow!!  Come on I-800 approval!!  Please pray that it comes, we are getting so close to getting our little girl.  Please see the list below of our next and final steps before travel - it's getting much shorter!!  I know to many it's a mere number out of another number for this whole process and it's a never ending wait.  We like to look at it more optimistically, there is a light at the end of this long, long tunnel and we've put many countless hours of prayer and preparation into this adoption process and guess what -- we're almost there!!  Hard work truely does pay off!!

Next Steps to Noelle!!


1. I-800 Provisional Approval (We've been approved, just waiting for letter in mail!)


2. NVC Letter indicating that our file has been cabled (emailed) to GZ


3. Article 5 is signed and issued by the U.S. Consulate in GZ


4. Travel Approval!!!


In the meantime, we are trying to learn more about the Chinese culture and this week they are celebrating Chinese New Year (CNY).  The kids and I made some paper chinese lanterns and hung them in our dining room yesterday for fun.  We thought we'd share their fancy work with everyone too.  They are so proud of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment