Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Perseverance - Wow! What a lesson!






Heather here,

Some of you know that we have made the decision to homeschool our children. We started our homeschooling last week and it's really off to a great start! The kids are actually enjoying learning new things and really seem to be focused and actually get what I'm teaching them. I'm loving every minute of it too!

Today in school we focused on the Letter "T", which led to talking about the topic of Turtles. We read "The Hare and the Tortoise" fable and as most of you know it focuses on perservering. Well, I had a nice lesson of perserverance today too! As you know, we are in the process of an international adoption and we had a normal scheduled conference call with our case manager to check on how things are going and we've stumbled across some hurdles. These hurdles are really out of our hands and we have to play the waiting game or maybe I should name it the "Patience Game". I sent an email to a friend about my frustrations as she's been through the process too. All I have to say is WOW! I need to have some perserverance myself! I need to remember that our God is bigger than the adoption agency, immigration and Ohio State home study! I need to trust in Him and let everything work out in His own plan. I just need to perservere and stay focused to finish this journey to bring home our precious little girl all in God's timing not my timing!

It's amazing to me how humorous God can be to make us listen to Him. Hopefully, I've inspired you to perservere in your own little way too!

Please continue to pray for us!!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment